Job Postings for 2018
Assistant Coach (U11)
Under the general supervision of the Head Coach, coaches are responsible for the day to day progress, encouragement and growth of paddlers. Senobe coaches play an integral role in the development of young children and athletes by demonstrating a strong commitment to health and physical activity and by creating an environment of pride at Senobe. Coaches work as part of a broader team by working with other summer staff and volunteers.
The Assistant Coach (U11) will act under the supervision of Senobe’s U11 coaches and will assist with implementing the U11 on-water program. Responsibilities will include, coaching war canoes, coaching small boat groups, and generally maintaining a safe and fun environment for all participants.
- Must have previous experience working with/coaching young children and the ability to develop youth athletic programs
- Must have experience in the sport of sprint canoe/kayak and demonstrated understanding of paddling technique and sportsmanship values
- Ability to mentor and to be a role model to Junior Coaches and athletes
- Demonstrated understanding of the club environment which includes not only athleticism but fun, safety, sport, competition and family
- Ability to balance the needs of high-performance athletes with recreational paddlers and children who are new to the sport
- Excellent leadership ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Coaching Level 1 Certification
- Pleasure Craft Operator License
- Knowledge of ADCKC and CKC Policies
- Completion of Background and Vulnerable Sector Check is required
Note: Salary is commensurate on the incumbent’s qualifications and experience as well as funding.
To apply for this opportunity please send your resume to email@example.com on or before April 30th, 2018 by 4:00 p.m.. Applications received after this date will be considered late.
Day Camp Co Ordinator Lead/ Support
The Support Day Camp Coordinators are resonsible to support the Lead Day Camp Coordinator with summer Day Camp programming and supervision of 36 full time, school aged camp participants. Duties include, but are not limited to, rugular updating of daily programming, incident reports where required, and accurate attendance records. Along with leadership experience, effective and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Creation of high quality, safe, and developmentally appropriate programming to engage school-aged children during summer camp experience.
- Communication with parents/ guardians of campers. Ability to build professional relationship with families.
- Flexibility of programming to accommodate various paddling practice schedules for the children in the camp.
- Supervision of all children. Recording when children are in paddling practice. Head counts are necessary and required.
- Organized and coordinated times for drop offs and pick up times. Attendance sheets will be readily available for families and children’s gear will be kept in an organized manner.
- Support children in resolving conflicts, appropriately reminding children, and staff, of Senobe’s Code of Conduct while at the club.
- Offering any first aid required for any child that may become injured.
- Developing a 15 day plan for rainy day activities with the support from the Lead Day Camp Coordinator.
- Support the coordination and management of FUN Day on June 29th with support from Lead Camp Staff and Senobe Board of Directors.
- Communicate regularly with the Lead Day Camp Coordinator with any concerns or observations about the daily operation of the Full Member Day Program.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Completion of Background/Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Abuse Registry are required before start of work
- Current First Aid and CPR are required before start of work
- Previous work experience should include: Working with school age children and their families in a recreational atmosphere. Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, swimming, team building initiatives, physical games, and activities.
Period of work is June 28, 2018 through to August 31, 2018 inclusively working approximately 35 hours/week.
To apply for this opportunity please send your resume to Cjeffers@eastlink.ca on or before April 8th, 2018 by 11:59 p.m.. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
Summer Canoe/Kayak Coach